Football is the biggest sport in the UK, it’s no surprise therefore that football betting sites in the UK are in high demand.
We’ve looked at a number of factors to define what ‘the best' is, so you don't have to. Take a look at what betting firms we’ve picked out and find the best football betting site for you.
9 Best Football Betting Sites in the UK
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365
• Open Account Offer • Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365 • Min deposit £5 • Bet Credits available for use upon settled of bets to the value of qualifying deposit • Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply • Returns exclude Bet Credits stake • Time limits and T&Cs apply • 18+ begambleaware.org • #ad
Bet £10 and get £30 in free bets and a £10 Casino Bonus with 888Sport
• New UK Customers only • Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • You must place your first bet within 30 days of registration • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply • 18+ begambleaware.org • #ad
Get up to £100 in free bets with Betfair
• New customer offer • Must use promo code ZBBC01 • Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets • Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Exchange bets excluded • Payment Restrictions Apply • 18+ Full Terms and Conditions Apply • begambleaware.org • #ad
Risk-free bet of up to £20 as a new Paddy Power customer
• New customers only • Use promo code YSKAEE • Place your first bet on any sportsbook market • If it loses, Paddy Power will refund your stake in cash • Maximum refund for this offer is £20 • Only deposits using Cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion • Full Terms and Conditions Apply • Paddy's Reward Club: Get £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10 Terms and Conditions Apply • 18+ begambleaware.org • #ad
Bet £10 and get £30 in free bets with William Hill
• New online customers only • Use promo code P30 • Minimum £10/€10 stake, win only • Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50) • Free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15 • Free bets 30-day expiry • Deposit method, free bet, player and country restriction apply • 18+ Full Terms and Conditions Apply • begambleaware.org • #ad
Up to £50 in Free Bets With SportNation
• New customers UK only • Place the 5 specified bets to earn Free Bets • Each leg must have minimum odds of 1.8 (4/5) • Applies to bets on sport only • Valid once per customer • Free Bet valid for 7 days • Free Bet max winnings is 20x Free Bet stake • Offer valid for 30 days after registration with SportNation • Free Bets must be accepted in popup messages once their qualifying bets have settled • Full terms and conditions apply • 18+ begambleaware.org • #ad
Get up £40 in Free Bets and Bonus with Unibet
• New customer only • Min deposit £10 • Money back as bonus if first bet loses • Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x • Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus • Free bet will expire 7 days after opt-in • Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in • No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Visit Unibet.co.uk for full T&C's • 18+ begambleaware.org • #ad
Up to £100 extra winnings on your first bet with LeoVegas
• Full terms apply • Significant terms - New customers only • Deposit min £10 and claim in "My Offers" • 1x 100% mobile in-play profit boost • Max Bet £10. Max Winnings £100. Valid for 30 days • Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify • 18+ • begambleaware.org • #ad
What Do the Best Football Betting Sites Offer?
These are our top picks for football betting in the UK. We have singled those 9 out of the hundreds of online betting firms for a number of reasons. They each offer:
- 💯 Competitive odds
- 👀 Huge market selection
- 🎁 Regular promotions
- 📺 Good Live streaming offering
- ⚽ Excellent football betting apps
Of course, there are plenty of elements of a betting site to consider before stating it is the best, so Let’s dive in with a more in-depth look.
Football Betting With bet365
Good football betting experiences can be categorised by ticking a number of boxes, and bet365 tick most, if not all of ours. You’ll get the choice of an unrivalled number of betting markets, for tons of sports as well as football.
Each week bet365 offer odds on Europes biggest football leagues such as English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A. On top of that, you’ll also be able to bet on hundreds of other leagues around the globe including women football leagues and international cups.
William Hill Online Football Betting
When betting, getting the top price on a particular bet is very important as it will likely provide value. William Hill are well known for going top price on teams.
This means instead of checking odds comparisons sites for the highest odds on certain teams, you can get excellent odds in the one place. With this in mind, we rate William Hill highly as one of the best football betting sites in the UK.
Football Betting UK – Best Offers
New customers are often treated to the best offers with their first deposit or first bet, but many betting sites offer attractive promotions to existing customers too.
We’ve made a list of the most common football betting offers, and the ones you are most likely to come across.
Most Popular Offers
|Offer||What is it?||Rating|
|Football Free Bet||A free bet to use on a set market||🥇|
|Bet Credits||bet365's free bets||🥇|
|Football Loyalty Bonuses||Free bets/bonuses given at bookies discretion||🥇|
|Football Acca Bonuses||Insurance or boost on acca bets||🥈|
|Bet and Get||Place a bet to get a free bet||🥈|
|Football Price Boosts||Enhanced prices on a specific market||🥉|
These are just the most common ones, and on occasion, you may be presented with different options. Betting bonuses can give your bankroll a great boost, so be sure to see what's out there.
But you should bear in mind that there are often wagering requirements with bonuses, meaning your winnings might not be instantly withdrawable. And read all terms and conditions carefully.
Best Football Betting Sites with Extra Features
|Betting Site||Cash out||Acca Bonus||Bet Builder|
If you’re not familiar with cash out it’s a very interesting little extra. It gives you more control over your bet, allowing you to ‘cash out' at any time.
It’s important to note that you won’t have the option to cash out every bet, or indeed with every online bookmaker.
Great for football betting. It gives you a boost on your winnings if an acca lands. Find more about this feature here.
This is a cool feature, especially for football betting. You can combine outcomes on the same match in one bet. For example:
Liverpool to win, Salah to score and over 10 corners in a game.
You will be given one combined price for all of those coming in. It's a fun way to bet on single games especially.
Best Live Streaming Sites for Football
There are a number of football betting sites operating in the UK that allow watching sport live via their live streaming service. Unfortunately, due to strict streaming laws and expensive rights, bookies are rarely able to show UK football. Rarely, but not never.
In saying that you can enjoy live matches from Europe's top leagues including:
- La Liga
- Serie A
- Ligue 1
On top of those, leagues across the rest of the continent and beyond can be viewed on site. We should note, however, that not all bookies offer the same games, but there is usually some sort of ‘tv guide' to help you out.
Is Live Streaming Free?
What is quite remarkable with this, is that it is almost a free service. You won’t need to pay for individual streams, or even have a bet on the event you want to watch.
You are simply required to have placed a real-money bet within the previous 24 hours or have an active balance on your account.
Best In-Play Football Betting Sites
One of the fastest-growing trends in football betting is in-play, or live betting. This is why streaming of matches (as explained above) is in such high demand and why online bookies offer as many as they can. Punters now have their pick of hundreds of markets that will be settled quickly.
This is largely the appeal of live betting as your bet winnings are paid quickly, as opposed to having to wait till the end of the game (unless of course, you select a final outcome).
Top 3 Best Football Betting Apps
The cool thing about all the recent apps that have reached the market is that they have their own unique features. When picking a mobile betting app, it is key that it is as easy to navigate around as the desktop – if not simpler.
Best Football Leagues and Tournaments
|League or Cup||Country||Tournament Type|
Best Football Betting Sites for Top Leagues
If you’re looking to place bets in the UK, then there’s a high chance that you’re having a punt on the English Premier League.
Considered by many to be the best competition in the world, there are always exciting matches to look forward to and plenty of betting opportunities. All of our recommended sites here offer hundreds of market on the English top-flight, so you won't be disappointed if you choose one of those.
Football Betting Sites That Are Safe to Bet With
Football betting sites in the UK in the whole, regard safety is a high priority. All of our recommended betting sites come with good, reputable licences, and meet our secure expectations.
- ✅ Licenced
- 🗒️ Fair terms
- ✉️ Good customer service
- 💸 Well-known payment options
- 🚫 Responsible gambling tools
An online gambling company that gains a betting licence from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) can be regarded as trustworthy. The UKCG is notoriously difficult to obtain, and keeping it also means betting sites follow very strict guidelines.
The UKCG isn't the only licence we respect, however. The likes of the MGA (Malta Gaming Authority) is also an excellent licence to hold. In all of our bookie reviews we indicate what licences are held so you can be assured of an even playing field.
Football Betting UK – Markets Explained
Once you’ve found a stat that you like the look of, or have a fancy – find what bet type suits that best. It could be anything from a 1X2 bet to a half-time full-time bet.
If you're not familiar with the more unusual bet types, you can find a lot of information within betting sites FAQs.
7 Most Popular Football Bets UK
|Bet Type||Explanation||Difficulty (1-5)|
|1X2||1 = home win, X = Draw 2= away win||1|
|Correct Score||The final score after 90 minutes||1|
|Double Chance||Cover 2 of 1X2 (ie home win or draw)||2|
|Goalscorer||A player to score first/last/anytime||2|
|Half-time/Full-time||The result after 45 minutes and 90 minutes||3|
|Handicap||Back a team with a disadvantage or advantage (ie -1 goals or +1 goal)||4|
|Asian-handicap||Similar to a handicap but with 0.5 goal options for half-stake returns.||5|
This table is rated 1-5, with 1 being the easier to understand, and 5 a little more complicated. If you're just starting out with football betting, we would recommend you try the markets up to around a 3 difficulty.
What is an outright market? Quite simply, this is when you pick the outright winner of a certain event. For example, you bet at the start of the season that Liverpool will win.
We’ve taken a look at the football outrights on offer, and what types of bets you can expect to be able to place with them:
- 🏆 Outright winner – The winner of the Premier League.
- ⬆️ Without the Big Six – A team to will finish highest in the Premier League without ‘big six'
- ⬇️ Relegation – Team to finish in the bottom three
- 🔝 Top 4 – Team to finish in the top four
- 🏅 Player of the Year – Who will pick up the PFA Player of the Year Award
- ⚽ Top Goalscorer– Who you think will be the seasons Golden Boot Winner
It’s the most popular way to bet on sport, particularly on football when there are lots of fixtures to pick from.
Accumulators give you the chance to pick however many bets you want and combine the odds for huge potential returns. Many punters see these as the best bet on football.
Football Betting Tips
There are a few tricks of the trade to know to help you place the best bet on football. Our Expert bettors take a look at the full picture before placing a football bet and put a good deal of thought into their selections.
Our selections are posted every week for the Premier League – check out our latest picks.
Football Betting Checklist
🗒️ Form – It’s important to understand how a team have been performing previous to match you’re looking at. If they are on a high scoring winning streak, then you may be more inclined to back them. On the other hand, if they are in a slump, it’s difficult to.
⚽ Team News – If a team is missing their main striker through injury or suspension, this is something you need to be aware of.
🆚 Head-to-Head – History fairy often repeats itself – even in football. Find out how the teams have performed against each other.
🏠 Home/Away – Some teams can hold their own on their home ground where they struggle away. If a strong opponent travels to a ground with a team lower down the league, but with excellent home form – this needs to be considered.
🌧️ The Weather Forecast – Can be seen as an easy excuse for teams that don’t perform. But swirling winds can create fluke goals, and wet pitches can make it tricky for teams who like to play on the deck.
Responsible Gambling Tools For Football Betting
We take responsible gambling seriously at Premier League Press and therefore want to highlight some of the tools our recommended betting sites offer.
- Deposit Limits
- Loss Limits
- Stake Limits
- Self-exclusion Periods
- Permanent self-exclusion
The option of taking some time out from betting is available through ‘cool-down' periods and self-exclusion. Permanent self-exclusion can also be requested. As well as the betting sites providing tools, there are external sites such as BeGambleAware that can assist.
Best Football Betting Sites – Summary
We’ve gone over all the basics, and the extra’s that can make your football betting experience a great one. There’s a bookmaker out there for every type of player, you just need to find the one that suits your betting needs.
As a general rule, however, regardless of what extras you may be looking for – we absolutely recommend that you find the best odds you can to ensure you place the best bet you can.
All of our recommended betting sites on this list are great at what they do and are respected in the industry. So take your pick or go with a few and enjoy your football betting journey. Good luck!
Football Betting Sites FAQs
Q: Which online betting site is best for football?
A: When it comes to the best, it's down to personal taste. We would recommend you look for a site like bet365 which has tons of markets, great odds, features, and promotions.
Other online bookies such as Betfair and William Hill also have these in abundance and offer live streaming as well. Check out our top 9 football betting sites for an all-round great experience.
Q: Which football betting site offers free bets?
A: Most of them! Free bets are one of the most popular promotions offered by online betting sites.
William Hill currently offers new customers a free bet as part of the welcome offer. But plenty of other gambling sites offer these too, check out more about free bets and other offers.
Q: Is it safe to place football bets online?
A: Yes, it is perfectly safe. As long you ensure that the betting site you bet on holds a licence. This could be with either the UKGC or another of our recommended respected licensee.
Q: Can I place football bets on my mobile?
A: Absolutely! Mobile betting has become very popular with most, if not all bookies now having a mobile offering.
You’ll also be able to download apps for either android or apple. We like the LeoVegas app as it’s so user-friendly; if you’re starting out check out that one, or one of our top three picks.